Monday, July 17, 2006

The Pottymouth in Chief

I'm not one to get upset about profanity and obscenity among friends. I've been known to use it and in some cases, to use it abundantly. But it seems to me that if you're the Leader of the Free World and you're in a room full of cameras, you take for granted that somebody is straining to hear what you say, whether the microphone is live or not. And if you do talk to a friend in such an environment, the best bet is to avoid statements that contradict what you've been saying in public, and you try real hard not to say anything insulting about the Secretary General of the UN.
But, of course, you aren't the Leader of the Free World. For better or worse--and my take on that is hardly a secret--the Leader of the Free World is a dumbshit. He doesn't understand the complexities of the situation in the middle east. In his simple mind, Israel is right and that's that. Israel and Lebanon are simply doing what they've seen other nations--which I think I need not name--and using force as the first response to anything they don't like. Just what we need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home